Re: Rudder rip-off

To: karlsch@xxxxxxxxxxx, lindsey@xxxxxxxxxxx, rharper@xxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Rudder rip-off
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:40:15 EDT
You did good Karl!  Actually, I responded to him already.   Knowing Dave, I
suspect his transom bar comment was a bit tongue-in-cheek. I  deny (almost
entirely) that the bar was added because I had some left over  wood.

As I pointed out, I use colors when I intermix my text with the  builder's.
If I don't and I backspace while I'm writing, AOL will  eliminate the little
arrows that indicate the original post.  Once that  happens, I use color to
separate the two. For the Canooks,  I'll use  pink in the future (to show my
sensitivity).

Actually, the point of my comments was to use the opportunity to save
builder's in general a lot of grief.   Examples?

1. building launcher throats without hybrid
2.  building blades over foam with little or no hybrid (also, not  following
the other instructions in the PDF)
3.  moving deck hardware without regard to the impact on other systems  (
I've been guilty of this one far more times than I'll admit)
4.  Installing spreaders that are too long and not raked  properly.
5.  Making spreaders using a number of untried and unsuccessful
lay-ups/methods.
6.  Mast builders failing to follow the specific instruction to use  Plexus
425 to bond the track

All of the above have led to failures.  Some of the failures have led  to
posted ideas on how to avoid the problem in the future (except "follow  the
original friken instructions" is only  occasionally the suggested solution).
Please realize  that I've spent a lot of time over the last seven years on  R&D
and had already made many of these mistakes before writing the manuals  (there
are a couple of exceptions).  My intention with all of this is  to get everyone
to spend your time improving from the current state of  the art instead of
working to find systems and methods almost as  good.  Without trying the status
quo, you'll likely not know which of the  two you are engaged in.