Re: finding cedar

To: Matt Broughton <matt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: finding cedar
From: Bill Strosberg <bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:25:01 -0500
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Matt Broughton wrote:
I heard back from mcgee lumber this morning, they say:

"We do carry 2X8 and 2X12 in clear vertical grain cedar. Price per linear foot for 2X8 is $13.00 and 2X12 is $24.00."

Which makes a 16' plank of 2x8 $208 and a 12' plank $156. I'll need 6 of them for 360 strips exactly, I'm guessing that I'll have plenty of extra due to only 25% or so needing to be 16 feet. Is that price reasonable? Should I order only 2 boards at 16' and the rest at 12' to save some $$ or will the extra come in handy?

2 16's and 4 12's come out to $1040.

-Matt