Re: Soldiers, bulkheads and transom...

To: cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Soldiers, bulkheads and transom...
From: swiftsolo <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:26:46 -0500
Cc: swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=16h2az+rSQE5XkXYpPry4QxotkWfKaBtqhtYrTnMtzs=; b=D80BNK8RTRNpJp2BSPTaxDnVV0EG7p8tf4S+xs0kvaZnuNK1RTMXuUyja4HsZH9Ld8aYXzMw8CH9LgcbQLPb5gx2wUZsDfbeu8u+5mwdsW5wfZ77zJi1M3DsXjaPBiLFaaeXV98GS8+YZYk4MEY2FDooOZnKTD3y82xq5JDuVIU=
I use a 1/4" (6mm) piece of G10 underneath the mast step bracket. 3 inch
wide, and extend an inch fore and aft
of the step bracket. Just the rig tension will eventually start sinking the
bracket. (Maybe because I use all wire
and set the tension pretty hard.)

See mcmaster.com for a cheap source of G10 (Garolite)

Christian