Re: Soldiers, bulkheads and transom...

To: jordan.afe@xxxxxxxxxxx, WFS03@xxxxxxx, cameron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Soldiers, bulkheads and transom...
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:27:51 EST

Jordan,
Sounds like a good idea in such extreme conditions.  While I've not  seen
fracturing of the glass under any mast steps to date, I do think it is a
possibility.  This is one of the main reasons for designing the new  mast step
with
more than double the contact area.  The two that we've  installed to date have
been bedded with epoxy/silica to evenly spread the load  (Chris' and Warren's
boats).

Bram
In a message dated 2/6/2008 12:56:55 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,