Re: Vang Fabrication

To: <BDally6107@xxxxxxx>,<WFS03@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Vang Fabrication
From: "Mark White" <mwhite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:54:54 -0600
Cc: <swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bram,

Ok I won't try that one.  I did reverse the arc of the vang lever, instead of
curving from the front pivot point where the vang attaches, to curving from the
rear where it attaches to the vang pivot.  Since the vang doesn't even come
into play till after the tip passed thru the vang the shape works fine. The
pivot holes are still in the same locations.  You can put all the load on it
you want with no lateral flexing.  Everything except the mast track seem to be
holding up ok.  Last weekend it was blowing 25+ and with the kite up the boat
will fly!  She was leaping across the lake!  When I got back to shore and tried
to drop the main, it wouldn't come down.  The top 6" of the track was broken
off and stuck on the sail and the top of the sail was stuck in the top of the
track still on the mast.  I have re-glued it to the mast, hope it will last the
season.  And yes the halyard was as tight as a banjo string.  I will need a new
sail track and plexus eventually.