Re: Forte or CST Mast - Verdict out yet?

To: jordan.afe@xxxxxxxxxxx, email.kerem@xxxxxxxxx, swiftsolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Forte or CST Mast - Verdict out yet?
From: BDally6107@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:33:06 EST
Jordan,
It will be great to have you on the water.

Before I get into the mast thing I have a question that will help us plan
our regatta schedule next year (we'll be doing this at the AGM in April of this

year).  Are you still interested in bringing your Swift with you to the 505
worlds next year?  If you are, I'd like to try to convince the class to  hold
Our 2009 NA's in conjunction with the worlds up at Huntington  Lake (not too
far away).  We can deal with getting you up and back with  your boat and a
place to stay up there for you or you and Steve if you guys  can make it work.
It
will take a full day of travel / set up time  both ways and we'd also like to
know what time frame would be best.

With regard to the mast / spreader issue, I will put together a PDF  for the
class as soon as I get time that will explain how and why we made  the
decision to eliminate the primary spreaders. I think that it will be
interesting in
that it'll spark some good discussion to  help our members understand these
triple stay masts better.

 We are interested in getting a group together to import some CST  masts.  My
concern is weather the current CST Swift mast (current flex  characteristics)
will take the loads if we choose to go  without primary spreaders.  This is
an important question to me  as I likely won't be going back to doubles or at
least would want the  choice. I will send the spreader PDF to them for their
comments as  well.  In the interim, I'll try to get my hands on one of the
current CST  masts to see how close the deflection and weight characteristics
match
the  current Forte masts.

We all look forward to seeing some photos of your boat on the water.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)